Enjoy Social Distancing with These Summer Mocktails
With a global pandemic in full swing, striving to stay safe and healthy is more important than ever. Practicing social distancing by sheltering in place for months on end may seem like a good reason to turn to alcohol for comfort or entertainment but doing so could be a mistake. Not only is drinking in excess bad for your health, but it can also contribute to dangerous behavior, such as drinking and driving.
Fortunately, you don’t need alcohol to relax at home with your loved ones. Check out these easy summer mocktails recipes that are sure to spice up any at-home summer afternoon. You won’t even miss the booze in these summer mocktails.
Here are 5 Summer Mocktails Recipe:
Virgin Cucumber Mojito Summer Mocktail
- 1 packet of Crystal Light Mojito-flavored dry beverage mix
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- Dissolve Crystal Light mix into cold water in a pitcher.
- Add cucumber slices and ice cubes.
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups crushed ice cubes
- 1-liter lemon-lime beverage
- 2 thinly-sliced limes
- Combine the concentrates, powdered sugar, and crushed ice in a large bag or freezer-proof container.
- Seal tightly and freeze for at least one hour (or up to several days).
- Slowly pour in the soda and add the lime slices (no need to thaw in advance).
Virgin Sunset Summer Mocktail
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 splash grenadine syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour orange juice, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice over the ice and stir.
- Add a splash of grenadine syrup to the mixture and serve.
Blackberry Limeade Summer Mocktail
- 6 cups water, divided
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 8 thinly-sliced limes
- Place 1 cup of water and 3 cups of blackberries in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Press blackberry puree through a sieve into a large pitcher. Throw away seeds.
- Add the remaining 5 cups of water, sugar, and juice to the pitcher. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Place 1 lime slice and a few blackberries into a glass.
- Pour about 1 cup of limeade per serving.
Sweet Heat Arnold Palmer Summer Mocktail
- 8 cups water, divided
- 18 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 family-size iced-tea bags
- 1 small habanero chile, stemmed, seeded, and sliced
- 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 6 tablespoons sugar, tea bags, and habanero.
- Steep 5 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and stir in 1 cup cold water.
- Cool completely.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cups sugar, lemon juice, and 1 cup water in a container and seal with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake to dissolve sugar and pour the lemon mixture in a second pitcher with 2 remaining cups of water.
- Fill 8 highball glasses with ice, then fill each glass 1/3 of the way with lemon mixture.
- Slowly pour the tea mixture evenly over ice to layer the tea on top of the lemon mixture.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and swirl before drinking.
RoadGuard Interlock, LLC (DUI) wants to help you and your family stay safe while sheltering in place during this challenging time. We encourage you to try these delicious summer mocktails recipes with your loved ones and make new memories this summer without the booze. If you or someone you love has gotten a DUI after driving under the influence, we’re here to help. Contact us today for more information on how our experienced team can help you regain your freedom and independence with one of our state-of-the-art ignition interlock devices.
*Links to any third-party websites herein are provided for your reference and convenience only. RoadGuard Interlock did not create nor develop and does not own any such third-party websites. RoadGuard Interlock does not endorse nor support the content of, nor any opinions stated in any such third-party website links. RoadGuard Interlock is not responsible for the content of any third-party website or its accuracy or reliability. Nothing contained in this article or in any such third-party website shall be considered legal advice or be deemed to constitute legal advice. For any legal advice concerning a DUI arrest, charge, conviction, or consequences thereof, you should contact an attorney of your choice.