Ignition Interlock for Hearing Impaired or Deaf Drivers
Our Dräger Interlock 7000 devices are specifically designed to be sleek and discreet, so you can focus on spending more time driving safely. This device is designed with practicality and convenience in mind. One of its most important features include a visual signal display that makes it easier to interact with the device. With an easy-to-read, color display, step-by-step messaging, intuitive visual indicators and an optional accessory that can be installed on your dash, our ignition interlock device is one of the easiest available in the market for those that are experiencing hearing impairment.
How Our Device Works for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired
The Dräger Interlock 7000 devices display a combination of easy-to-understand written prompts along with color-coded visual indicators during use.
- When you start the ignition interlock, the device will display “Ready for Test – Please Blow”, after a few seconds warm-up time. A blue indicator light at the top of the device will flash repeatedly to grab your attention, letting you know it’s ready for action.
- As you blow, the light will turn off, letting you know that you’re blowing correctly. Don’t stop blowing when the light turns off!
- When you pass a test, the color display will show “Test Passed” along with a large green checkmark. Additionally, a bright green indicator light on top of the device lets you know that you’re ready to start the vehicle.
- If the Interlock 7000 detects alcohol on your breath or any issue with the sample provided, the color display will show a red X and written indication such as “Test Failed” or “Blow longer, repeat test” to let you know what went wrong. A red indicator light on top of the device also shows that a passing sample was not provided. The vehicle will not start until a passing sample is provided.
- Once you’re driving and the device is ready for a required retest, it will once again flash the blue indicator light on top of the device and indicate “Ready for Test, Please Blow”.
In addition to the color-coded visual indicators on the device itself, an optional auxiliary LED light can be installed anywhere on the dashboard. This auxiliary light will flash anytime a test is requested by the device, serving as an additional visual notification to the driver that action is required.
Schedule Your Install
Submit a form below to have Nationwide Interlock reach out to you to schedule your Dräger Interlock Device installation.
By submitting this form, you agree and consent for RoadGuard Interlock and its affiliates to use automated technology, including emails, calls, texts, and prerecorded messages, to contact you at the information provided. No purchase necessary; message and data rates may apply.