Ignition Interlock in Kansas & Interlock Device Laws
Kansas law prohibits anyone from attempting to operate a motor vehicle while intoxicated. In Kansas, you’re required to install an ignition interlock device for any DUI related conviction, even when it’s a first-time offense. So much is at stake for those who find themselves on the wrong side of the law. From temporary driver’s license suspension to the permanent revocation of driving privileges, DUI laws in Kansas can be very unforgiving. At RoadGuard Interlock, we understand how devastating a DUI conviction in Kansas can be. But, don’t worry. We’re committed to helping you navigate Kansas ignition interlock laws and get you back on the road safely, quickly, and affordably.
Kansas Ignition Interlock Laws
A DUI conviction’s possible consequences can also include vehicle impoundment, jail time, fines, and the suspension of driving privileges. Kansas courts also evaluate the offender’s prior DUI conviction records in other states. When you’re flagged down for a DUI in Kansas, your driver’s license can be suspended in two ways. These include:
- Your driver’s license is automatically suspended if your BAC is above the legal limit or if you refuse to take the breath test. However, you can still request a hearing to challenge your license suspension — provided you do so within 14 days.
- This suspension occurs when the court sentences you after the trial or plea agreement. The penalty for a first-time DUI offense in Kansas may be a 30-day suspension and a 330-day probation period.
- You’ll typically be required to participate in a state-approved ignition interlock program to regain your driving privileges.
- For the second to fourth DUI offenses, your driver’s license will typically be suspended for a year. Meanwhile, the fifth DUI offense carries the heaviest penalty: typically the permanent revocation of your license. In addition to suspensions, you may also incur fines and legal fees.
- The penalties are often increased if you rode with a minor while driving under the influence. In such an instance, the courts may suspend your driver’s license permanently.
Cost of Ignition Interlock Devices in Kansas
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, an ignition interlock installation costs between $70 to $150. Monitoring fees range from $60 to $80 per month. The price may vary depending on your program’s duration and features; for instance, Kansas recently amended the law to require the inclusion of cameras in all new ignition interlock devices.
It’s also worth noting that you’ll be leasing the device rather than purchasing it. If you need financial assistance, Kansas has a reduced cost ignition interlock program.
The total cost of installing an ignition interlock device in Kansas will vary among providers. At RoadGuard Interlock, we offer you quality services at competitive and affordable prices. Contact us today to see if you qualify for promotions.
Interlock Installation Locations in Kansas
RoadGuard Interlock has over 25 interlock installation locations throughout the State of Kansas for your convenience, so we will be with your every step of the way. Our qualified technicians and courteous customer service team will help you meet your ignition interlock requirement with ease.
Check out the map below to find the closest service center near you.
Ignition Interlock Program
If you received a DUI, Kansas ignition interlock law requires you to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in every vehicle you own. Connected directly to your vehicle’s ignition system, you are required to blow into the attached mouthpiece to test your Breath Alcohol Concentration (BrAC). If the ignition interlock detects an alcohol concentration within the preset limit, the vehicle will start. However, if your detected alcohol level is above the preset limit, the device temporarily prevents your vehicle from starting.
During the journey, you must provide breath tests at certain intervals (rolling tests) to ensure a sober driver is behind the wheel. Any retest you take, whether pass or fail, will be reported to your monitoring authority.
How RoadGuard Interlock Can Help
Has your driver’s license been suspended or revoked due to a violation of DUI laws? At RoadGuard Interlock, we understand the critical challenges you face, and we can help you maintain driving privileges with an ignition interlock in Kansas.
Contact us or call us to schedule an installation today. We’ll work with you to restore confidence in yourself.
Schedule Your Install
Trust in RoadGuard Interlock to help regain control of your life quickly and affordably.
By submitting this form, you agree and consent for RoadGuard Interlock and its affiliates to use automated technology, including emails, calls, texts, and prerecorded messages, to contact you at the information provided. No purchase necessary; message and data rates may apply.